Whether it’s wearing it or adding it to your home, pink is really a classic colour with a rich history of applications from designer gowns to roman shade window valances, paint colours and pink home decor accessories.
So, when it comes to home decor, just how are you going to infuse a pink shade into your home? Let me show you…
1. A pink statement couch You don’t have to have an overly-girly home to pick a pink statement couch for your living room. In fact, sometimes a pink sofa works best when it feels completely unexpected, like in a modern living room or even a bedroom.
2. Pink accent pillows Not ready for a complete pink overhaul? Pink throw pillows offer just the right amount of color, and feel fun and fresh on a living room couch or on the bed. Choose your shade according to your sofa or bed upholstery and watch it brighten up the room from 0 to 100 in seconds!
3. Go bold with a pink neon sign Go the celebrity way! From the likes of Lauren Conrad to Kourtney Kardashian—living space featuring a modern neon sign is quite the rage. Make it the focal point of your living room, put it above your bed, or hang it in your kitchen—there’s really no wrong way to decorate with these guys.
4. Pink flowers The quickest, easiest and cheapest way to add pink to your home is by introducing flowers to your decor. Pink flowers—especially roses or peonies—make a great accent, particularly in an otherwise neutral space.
5. Pink drapes Got a neutral room that you’re looking to punch up? Light pink curtains will do just the trick.
6. Dare to paint your walls pink If the idea is unsettling, start with your bathroom and choose a softer tone. It is feminine and looks super stunning!
7. Pink appliances Make your kitchen notches cooler with pink appliances. Whether it’s a fridge or a toaster, it’ll add a pop of color to your otherwise dull space.
8. Pink art Choose a pink piece of art to be the focal point of a chosen room. It’s quirky, fun and super cool. Plus, it won’t be too much to handle, just in case you’re not that big a fan of the color.
Our office is like our second home if not more we spent almost as much time at our workspace as our home. Hence, there is no reason why we should leave it plain and boring. Just like our rooms and homes our desk should be a reflection of who we are and an extension of our personality. Here are simple desk organisation and decorations ideas to keep you inspired at all times.
1. Cute File Organisers
If you are a lawyer or CA, who deals with a lot of paperwork, then an organiser will be a lifesaver for you! It will keep all your paperwork organised and accessible and make work a lot easier and efficient.
2. Cute notebooks
If you have to make notes and keep a note of things at work, then you might as well do it with cute notebooks and organisers.
DIY your notebook: Make your work diaries and notebook a lot more organised by adding a pouch on the inside to hold receipts and business cards. Simply glue on an envelope on the inside of the notebook and there you have your DIY pouch on the notebook.
3. Spray paint away
Simply buy spray paint in chic colours such as rose gold, old gold, or mint green and pink, if you are a more colourful person then spray your desk, your mugs, your stationery holders, edges of your bulletin board, drawers or just the knobs of your drawers.
If you use a mouse while working then funky and colourful mouse pads can add a splash of colour to your desk.
5. Revamp up your bulletin board
A bulletin board is almost in every office. Make your bulletin board stand out by covering it with a light fabric in a cheerful colour and pin on your favourite polaroid shots, inspirational quotes or pictures of loved ones along with your to-do list.
6. Clipboard DIY
No bulletin board? No problem. Remember those exam boards we used in school? Just spray paint them or cover them with colourful papers, decorative paper (or wallpaper leftovers or samples) to brighten basic clipboards. Hang the clipboard up using a double-sided tape and use it as your very own DIY bulletin board.
7. Have a theme in mind
When decorating your desk keep a theme in mind, do not go for fads as you will get bored of it soon. Stick to what you like whether it is a burst of colours, monotone or rose gold.
8. Pick out what you need and then pick boxes and containers to store it all
Never work the other way round as it will only cause clutter. Instead first pick what you need and then pick storage space to organise it.
9. Lighting is key
Those harsh tube lights and white lights in the office can be quite depressing, so bring your own lights! Cute fairy lights can be tucked in a jar or a simple glass bottle to make your own lamp. Alternatively, you could also use the fairy lights to decorate your bulletin board or just lay them on your desk like little trinkets.
10. Cord organizers
Have extra clips lying around? Use them as budget-friendly cord organisers for easy charging access.
11. Add a plant
Not only does adding a plant on your desk gives colour to your desk, but it also makes you feel more connected to nature and gives away positive vibes.